Offshore Odysseys (the parent group) is a worldwide adventure business that launched in 1999. Between 1999 and 2005 we sailed over 45,000 miles across the South Pacific and Asia providing high impact, remote sailing, surfing and kitesurfing charters. In 2004 we hosted Raphael Salles and the F.One kitesurfing team in Fiji, which culminated in a feature length Stance film and provided the inspiration to create The Best Odyssey.
In 2006 we launched The BEST Odyssey, “a World Kiteboarding and Paragliding Expedition,” in partnership with Best Kiteboarding, one of the world’s most recognized kiteboarding brands.
Between 2006-2011 The Best Odyssey:
- Documented over 130 virgin locations
- Sailed 54,000+ miles
- Circumnavigated the Earth
- Rounded the Cape of Good Hope
- Visited fifty countries
- Received coverage in over sixty full-length magazine articles in five languages including features in Forbes, Outside, Islands and National Geographic Adventurer
- Produced 17 short films
In late 2011-2012 our beloved vessel Discovery received a major 9 month refit in Spain to operate with a much reduced CO2 impact and many major upgrades to help her sail faster, lighter, and in more comfort in anticipation of The Cabrinha Quest.
In September of 2012 we launched The Cabrinha Quest, operated in partnership with Cabrinha Kites, a membership driven expedition designed to take its members and their guests to unique kiteboarding and surf destinations around the world.
Between 2012 and 2018 The Cabrinha Quest:
- Went even farther afield with expeditions to the fjords of Patagonia, Chile; the Louisiades, Papua New Guinea; Palau and many more
- Hosted Pete Cabrinha and Keahi De Aboitiz for the incredible feature-length Red Bull film “Chapter One“
- Hosted the Patagonia surf team every year
- Sailed over 40,000 miles
Commencing May 2018 our sailing vessel Discovery is currently undergoing a nine month refit which includes major interior upgrades, new carbon fibre hard dodger, new engines, new navigation instruments, and much, much more.
In June 2019 we will relaunch the Cabrinha Quest and circumnavigate the Earth on a planned 6 year expedition to take its members and guests to the most remote kiteboarding and surf destinations in the world.
Between March 2019 and 2023 the Cabrinha Quest will:
- Circumnavigate the Earth
- Visit over 40 countries, including Norway, Japan and the United States (Alaska)
- Kite, surf, dive, spearfish, SUP, sail where none have before!