Our carbon neutral/low impact operations mandate:
- Comprehensive plan executed for design of “cradle to cradle” micro systems to macro impact (materials, energy, waste, food, bio, etc.)
- Guests and clients carbon impact will be offset for their travel to and from the yacht
- Massive solar array powers most on board equipment
- All cleaning and personal care products (ie soap) are non-toxic and biodegradable
- Reverse osmosis water maker creates all drinking water. NO plastic bottles are allowed on board.
- Rigorous fossil fuel monitoring and publically issued “score card”
- Website hosted on solar powered server
- All on board batteries are rechargeable
- Conscious provisioning includes buying locally grown and harvested goods with limited or no use of processed foods
- All sponsors of the expedition must be “green” conscious and strive to operate in a sustainable manner
- Printed materials on post-consumer recycled paper, merchandise (t-shirts, etc.) are made from 100% organic cotton and earth-friendly dyes.
- 1% of our annual receipts are donated to pro-active non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting the world’s oceans
- All guest travel to and from the boat is offset using carbon offsets to the GoodTraveler.org
The ocean is threatened by pollution, overfishing, global warming, sea temperature rise, marine pollution, ocean acidification, habitat destruction and invasive species like oil tankers. Offshore Odysseys will commit 1% of its annual receipts to environmentally focused foundations dedicated to ocean conservation, advancing scientific research, spreading environmental stewardship and helping to improve quality of life for marginalized populations threatened by environmental degradation around the world.